Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Limitless Imagintation


For this free choice project we had creative freedom to create whatever we wanted as long as it fit in with our portfolio. So for my project I used an old portrait I had taken and added a sumi-e filter to it while doing some illustrator work for the background and text. Overall I enjoyed this project and thought that it turned out well. I might have liked to do something more over the top with the text and background but the project still worked out fine for me. As for the elements and principles of design I feel that my project best emulates both shape, color, and contrast. There are a lot of circular type motifs in my work as well as fantastical colors that contrasted the dark background colors. I hope to have many more successful pieces after this one.

1 comment:

  1. This image could be really strong if you work more on the type and the borders as we discussed in class critique. I think the concept for it is awesome and just needs more design work on the type and border shapes.

    ReplyDelete